Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Albatros D.Va - built by Kevin Berkowitz

Check out the detailed build of the Albatros D. Va (by Model Airways) that won Kevin Berkowitz "Best of Show" at the 2005 Pegasus Model Society show in Northern Greece!

Kevin's comments: These are photos of my Model Airways Albatros 1/16th scale. It won the prize "Best of Show" at the 2005 show of the Pegasus Model Society of Northern Greece. That took place in Thessaloniki, Greece, where I live.


This was my second wooden kit. The first was the big Guillow's P-38 in 1/16th scale. After that I had the confidence to tackle the Albatros. After the Albatros I began working on the Artesania Latina Cutty Sark (work in progress).

The Albatros was a great kit, not least because of the excellent instruction book by Ben Lankford. Now that I'm working on a European kit with minimal instructions, I rely on Ben Lankford's book "How to Build First-Rate Ship Models from Kits."

Kevin Berkowitz
Thessaloniki, Greece (orig. from Birmingham, Alabama)








No comments:

Post a Comment